- Here is the process that I follow to sell your home:
- I meet with you to find out more about your home. I then work with you to determine when to sell your home, the price of the home and to advise you in preparing your home for sale (see Selling Your Home).
- When a real estate company is a seller’s agent, it must do what is best for the seller of a property. A written contract, called a listing agreement, establishes seller agency (see Working With a Realtor®).
- I place my Royal LePage sign on your lawn to announce the sale of your home. A lock box is then installed on your front door.
- The listing is processed for the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). I provide photos of your home to the Ottawa-Carleton Real Estate Board.
- Top producing agents from other brokers are immediately e-mailed with the details of your home.
- Your home is listed within 48 hours on the national Royal LePage website.
- I prepare feature sheets of your home. They outline special features of your home and are distributed to people interested in your home and are available to those that have toured your home. Colour photos are taken and feature sheets are prepared using digital imagery.
- A picture of your home and property information is available to all sales representatives in the area.
- Your home is advertised in a variety of publications depending on your home’s location and market.
- Open houses are scheduled for the public when convenient to you.
- You will be kept informed of prices and market conditions when I prepare a Comparative Market Analysis as required.
- A record of all the showings of your home is maintained by my office.
- You will receive feedback on all showings including the reaction of agents and potential buyers.
- I will provide you with timely updates and am accessible in person through voice, e-mail, fax and pager services.
- When a potential buyer is ready to purchase your home, I will guide you through the negotiation process, using my experience and knowledge to get you the best price for your home.
- Finally, I can advise you on moving and any other real estate related information you need.
More comprehensive information is found in the Guide to Selling or ask me directly.